ECSIS.NET Internet Setup Sheet
for Windows Me Millennium Edition
NOTE: There are various versions of Windows and different
configurations for each. This setup sheet covers the most basic setup for
Windows Me Millennium Edition. If you have tried going through the
Internet Connection Wizard or have manually tried to configure your Internet
settings before consulting this sheet, the dialog boxes may be different.
- On the desktop, double-click "Connect to the Internet" or go to the
Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > Communications > Internet Connection
Wizard. Either way should start the Internet Connection Wizard.
- Select "I want to set up my Internet connection manually, or I want to
connect through a local area network (LAN)." Click Next.
- Select "I connect through a phone line and a modem." Click Next.
- Type these things in:
Area code: 731
Telephone number: 285-8223
Select "United States of America (1)" from the "Country/region name and
If this telephone number is a local call for you, uncheck the "Dial using
the area code and country code" check box. Click Next.
- Type in your user name and password in the appropriate boxes. They
should be on a separate sheet that was given to you when you signed up with
our service. Click Next.
- Type in ECSIS.NET in the "Connection name" box. Click Next.
- Select "Yes" when it asks "Do you want to set up an Internet mail
account now?" Click Next.
- Type in your name in the "Display name" box. Click Next.
- Type in your e-mail address in the "E-mail address" box. It should be
on the same sheet as in step 5. Click Next.
- "My incoming mail server is a 'POP3' server." Be sure that "POP3" is
Type these things in:
Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server: mail.ecsis.net
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.ecsis.net
- Type in your account name and password in the appropriate boxes. They
are the same as in step 5. Do NOT check the "Log on using Secure Password
Authentication (SPA)" check box. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Home Page Setup
- On the desktop, right-click the "Internet Explorer" icon. Left-click
- In the "Address" box type in: http://www.ecsis.net/
- The next time you double-click the "Internet Explorer" icon, it should
go to the ECSIS.NET home page.
Be sure to visit the ECSIS.NET home page daily to check for updates about our
service that you might need to know!