ECSIS.NET Setup Sheet
for Windows 95
Setting Up Internet Explorer and Connection
- Choose "Start > Programs > Accessories > Internet Tools > Get on the
- Read the screen and click "Next."
- Choose "Manual" and click "Next."
- On the "Welcome to the Internet Setup" Screen Click "Next."
- Choose "Connect using my phone line" on the "How to Connect" Screen and
- On the Service Provider Information Type "ECSIS.NET" in the Name of
Service Provider Box if it is not already there. Click "Next."
- Enter the area code in the area code box 731 and enter the telephone
"285-8223" (no quotes) Click "Next."
- Enter your user name (account name provided on the sheet given to you
when you signed up).
- Enter your password - also on the sheet you received when you signed up
- Click "Next."
- IP Address - Choose my Internet Service Provider automatically assigns
me one. Click "Next."
- DNS Server - 188.8.131.52 and Alternate DNS Server is 184.108.40.206 -
- On the "Internet Mail" Dialog box choose "Yes" and click "Next."
- Enter your e-mail address (email@example.com) and the Internet Mail
Server is "mail.ecsis.net" (without the quotes).
- Windows Messaging Profile Screen - If Windows Messaging is in the
Profile box choose "new" and choose Internet Mail Settings - If "Internet
Mail Settings" is in the Profile box - make sure the box marked "Use this
profile when starting windows messaging" is checked and click "Next."
- Complete Configuration - Click "Next."
- Internet System Configuration Dialog Box - Choose "No."
- Double Click on the Internet Icon and a Dialer box should appear. Enter
your user name and password and click "connect."
- Once the Internet Explorer comes up click in the address box and type
"www.ecsis.net" (without the quotes) and hit enter.
- Choose View, Options, Navigation and Choose Current for the Start
Setting Up Internet Mail
- On the tool bar in Internet Explorer choose "Mail > Read Mail."
- On the Internet Mail Configuration dialog box - Click "Next."
- Enter your full name as you would like it to appear. Example: John J
- Enter your email address - example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incoming Mail (POP3) server is mail.ecsis.net
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server is smtp.ecsis.net - Click "Next."
- Email Account is your user name - jsmith
- Your password is your password provided when you signed up for
- Choose I use a modem to access my email and choose the ECSIS.NET
connection in the pull down box. - Click "Next."
- Internet Mail Configuration - Click "Finish."
NOTE: Due to different versions of Internet Explorer and Windows 95 -
Some of these instructions and dialog boxes may not appear in the same order as